Encompass Christian Counseling (part of the CCHO family of ministries) is seeking a Master's Level Counselor or Social Worker to provide intensive home-based counseling and case-management services to children, adults, and families, according to their needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: It is the responsibility of each employee to be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ and to adhere to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith. Further, each employee is responsible for dealing with others with a Christ-like attitude while helping them experience their worth in Christ, and for demonstrating behaviors reflecting CCHO's core values of Relentless Commitment, Selflessness, and Kindness.
Other essential functions include the following:
- Complete mental health assessments, providing accurate mental health diagnosis of assigned clients.
- Complete treatment plans (ISPs) in collaboration with client, formulating goals, objectives and interventions relevant to client’s diagnosis; and reviewing, at least quarterly, on-going medical necessity of those goals (and/or diagnoses) in conjunction with client’s progress in treatment.
- Provide timely and well-written documentation on all clients to assist therapist in developing the minimum of mental health assessments, ISPs, discharge summaries, progress notes and recommendations when necessary. Progress notes – conducted in collaboration with the client and/or family member, as possible – should be submitted no less than weekly for billing purposes.
- Provide individual and/or family mental health counseling and appropriate and effective evidence-based therapeutic interventions according to client’s treatment plan.
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities, including, but not limited to, peer review and case record reviews.
- Discharge clients according to progress, completing necessary paperwork and making appropriate referrals for after care.
- Attend community and agency meetings as needed, including, but not limited to staff meetings, clinical and/or small group supervision as required to increase & maintain competencies in mental health field.
- Engage in on-going training and maintenance of licensure and/or mental health credentials.
- Engage in supervision to evaluate counseling techniques and interventions.
- Submit accurate timekeeping records by payroll deadlines.
- Attend wrap-around meetings and family team meetings, facilitating as needed.
- Maintain consistent contact, as applicable, with community team; which could include juvenile court, children's services, family first council, schools and other applicable social service agencies.
- Complete progress reports to referral sources as requested or appropriate.
- Ensure personal productivity and expectations standards are met through collaboration with program director.
Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Master’s level social worker (BSW, LSW), counselor (LPC, LPCC), with independent licensure preferred. Special consideration given to candidates who are independently licensed. Two or more years experience working with youth and families strongly preferred. Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and maintain a driving record that allows that individual to be insurable on agency policy. Must maintain valid CPR and First Aid certifications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Must be age 21 or better to be considered. References, background checks and drug screenings will be completed on all potential candidates. EOE.
In March of 1969, a serene 175-acre farm in Wooster became known as the Christian Children's Home of Ohio (CCHO) when members of the independent Christian Churches/Churches of Christ movement learned of a boy with no safe place to call home. Initially licensed as a foster/group home serving three to five children at one time, CCHO now has five cottages on its campus that are home to as many as 38 at-risk kids at once, confused and broken children who just need to know that they are loved, they are valued and they are safe.
The first residential cottage was built in 1975 to serve 10-12 teenagers in addition to the married couple who worked as live-in houseparents. That same year, the original office building was built, a space that has since been remodeled multiple times to meet the ever increasing and changing needs of the administrative staff. Cottage #2 was built seven years later, Cottage #3 opened in 1983, the Kids Cottage was built in 1991 and Cottage #4 opened in 2003.
In 1995, CCHO introduced Poplar Ridge Stables, an equine therapy program that not only teaches the children the importance of responsibility and care for the horses, but also provides a number of physical and emotional benefits for riders who suffer from ADD/ADHD, autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, sight and speech disorders, and a number of other health diagnoses.
CCHO became licensed as an adoption agency in 1997; in 2006, the organization received COA accreditation; and in 2009, Intensive Residential Treatment Program and Certified Trauma Therapy began.
With support from dozens of churches, community organizations and a host of caring individuals along with the hard work of more than 150 employees and oversight from our Board of Trustees, CCHO exists to help people experience their worth in Christ as a licensed Child Care Agency by the Ohio Department of Human Services. We are grateful and humbled by the work God has done through CCHO, and we can't wait to see what He does over the next 50 years!
Location/Region: Sebring, OH (US)